Need help ?
How to update the voicepack ?
There should always be at least one voice pack in the “voices” folder.
What is my current firmware or voicepack version?
To locate your version information, follow the following steps:
- Switch off your UltraBip
- Connect it to your computer
- Open the Configurator
- Click on “load config”, and follow the instructions
- The version number is available under the System > more menu as shown below
Advanced recovery procedure
In case of difficulties, enter the recovery mode as follows:
- Connect UltraBip to your computer via USB
- Press and hold the button for 30 seconds
- Download this file
- Place the downloaded file in the root of the UltraBip flash drive. The light will start blinking.
- Keep UltraBip connected until the blinking stops, and then click on Eject disk
- With UltraBip still connected, turn UltraBip on and wait for the steady green light. The green light will appear for 5 seconds and then a success tone will sound.
- The latest update may now be installed
Firmware changelog & roadmap
– vario algo major improvement
– vario default curve change
– vario integration time menu (button menu & configurator)
– flight level alarms (configurator)
– automatic voice announcement (triple click & configurator)
– IGC track format FAI/CIVL compliant
– KML in 3D and on ground, both format simultaneously
– barometric altitude calibration before takeoff
– track-log folder format
– takeoff detection with geofence (in addition of Vz)
– auto-shutdown with geofence
– config file lang bug cleanup
– vario mute when not moving
– BLE connection announcement improved
– IGC track file: glider type entry fix
– KML: show max VZ in m/s instead of cm/s
– BLE advertising time is now 5min after power on
– IGC track file unique S/ID
– LED: charging and USB connected: reduce brightness
– Configurator: vario tone editor audio preview fix for various web browsers.
– Take-off detection improved: Vario enabled with Vz > 1,75m/s. Track recording starts with minimum speed of 10km/h.
– Volume changes (more than 1 volume change) starts vario.
Initial release (2022-09-19)
For more information, check out the FAQ.